For decades, the same procedures have been shaping healthcare revenue cycles: Medical scribes, physicians and front-office administrative staff document patient encounters, and then send that information to back-office personnel for coding and billing. Sometimes, things go smoothly. Often, however, important processes are delayed by downcoded or overdue charts, outdated spreadsheets, a lack of software integrations…and a host of other complications lurking in every corner. The result? Huge data lags prevent providers from closing care gaps and linking healthcare claims to actual, real-time healthcare.
As if the transition to value-based care wasn’t challenging enough, providers are now faced with the seemingly impossible task of remaining productive and profitable in an environment that’s riddled with constantly-changing demands.
If this sounds familiar, you’re going to love HealthChannels. Our full suite of revolutionary solutions—offered through ScribeAmerica, CareThrough and QueueLogix—streamline disparate processes into workflows that optimize revenue cycle management like never before.
- Dramatically improves completion and closure chart rates by equipping physicians with highly-skilled medical documentation experts
- Helps providers experience significant case mix index (CMI) increases through timely, accurate electronic medical records
- Supports clinical documentation improvement (CDI) team operations by providing faster access to more thorough patient documentation
- Decreases readmission rates through support for integrated discharge planning, patient follow-up and care management activities
- Improves patient engagement by supporting integrated care coordination and educating care teams
- Identifies high-risk patients by targeting gaps in the closure of care
- Enables providers to gain a comprehensive view of all revenue cycle operations and quickly identify opportunities for improvement
- Accelerates turnaround times from patient encounters to actual billing, leading to significant reductions in days sales outstanding (DSO)
- Allows key stakeholders to more effectively align goals, key performance indicators (KPIs) and other critical metrics
- Greatly reduces incidents of missed revenue opportunities—such as vacation-caused backlogs and downcoding—by providing continual access to outsourced experts
Ready to learn more?
For more information on medical scribe services, visit ScribeAmerica.com.
To learn more about care management solutions, visit CareThrough.com.
Discover the benefits of revenue cycle management at QueueLogix.com.